Monday, July 7, 2008

Sad Feeling....

"Try as I might to be a good friend
Though in the end I have always failed.."


I used to write poems before. But I dont keep them. The above phrase was from one of my poems that I wrote when I was in college, but I totally forgot the rest of it. It was written when I feel a bit depressed because my roomate prefer to spend her time with another friend. hahaha... childish behaviour, all of us were.

Somehow today I have that same 'hollow feeling' all over again. (Hollow feeling - a phrase mentioned by a fellow blogger to descricbe a feeling). I don't know why, and I don't know how. Maybe its just the vibes. Well, maybe I'll try and finish the phrase again, differently.

Try as I might to be a good friend
Though in the end, I'll keep on trying
I know it might be never ending
I know there's no use of crying

Try as I might to be a good friend
I'm not sure if its worth trying
All I ask for is some understanding
All I ask for is some honest feeling

Try as I might to be a good friend
Try as I might till the end of time
Since my friendship is not what she seek for
Since my company is not what she wish for
Since me as a friend she doesnt have value for
I may one day, be a friend no more




Sorry if this post is actually not suitable for this blog, but this is My Blog, so I can write all that I want.

Edited: July 9th, 2008 for spelling mistakes..(urghhh..)
And to add: "Its my party, and I'd cry if I want to......." hehehe. (an exerpt from an old song I can't remember the name of the song nor the singer)

Well the mood's over. I'm back! Same ol' happy me! Yaay.... and also many thanks to Lee, too!

6 comments:

Lee said...

I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts,
or fears. But I can listen to you, and together we will search for answers.

I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain,
nor the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.

I can't keep your feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.

Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine;
Yet I can share in your laughter.

Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;
I can only support you, encourage you,
and help you when you ask.

I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship,
from your values, from me.
I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.

I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow,
room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces
and put them back in place.

I can't tell you who you are.
I can only be your friend.

Smile, and the whole world smiles with you. Have a great week, and try on that red lipstick, you'll feel better. Lee.

Ydiana said...

Hi Lee

Thanks so much! That poem is so beautiful and so meaningful. I can learn a few things from there. Did you write it? Nice...

Lee said...

Hi Ydiana, ha ha, no...I did not write that. Wish I did though.
I love copying any beautiful sayings from papers, books etc and keep.
Actually I took out two words from the last sentence, ha ha, it was, "I can only LOVE YOU and be your friend".

Hey, otherwise how to win girl's ahemmm, favours? You should see me copy, memorise Malay pantuns old days...when dating Malay girls.
Always very stiff competition, so had to have my secret weapon....nasib baik the Makcik didn't fall for me, arhaaa ha ha. Lee.

Ydiana said...

Hi Lee

Thanks for making my day!

I cannot be in this mood for too long. Am feeling much better now. Life is too great and roo short to waste over trivial matters.

So if you still remeber your pantuns, don't put it to waste. Blog it, or at least say it to your wife over a romantic candle light dinnner!

Lee said...

Hi Ydiana, My isteri doesn't know much Bahasa.
Re blogging pantuns, not many will understand...
Anyway, here's one of my favourites...to help push your blues away, ha ha.
Please minta ma'af if spelling ada salah, ya?

Angin mendera menolak awan,
Awan berarak hingga ke senja;
Mula berkenal lalu berkawan,
Berputik pula rasa cinta.

Tikar pandan tikar jerami,
Tikar dihampar sambut pendita,
Runtuh langit terbelah bumi,
Janji berpadu ke mana kita.

Another favourite of mine......

Dari mana punai melayang?
Dari paya turun ke padi,
Dari mana datang sayang?
Dari mata turun ke hati.

Bagaimana menangkap landak?
Diasap pintunya dengan api,
Bagaimana mula berkehendak?
Dari mata turun ke hati.

You have a nice day, Lee.

Ydiana said...

Bakul rotan, bakul buatan
Dianyam cantik jari jemari
Nasihat diberi dibuat peringatan
Semuga diingati dikemudian hari

Burung nuri terbang di awan
Hinggap kemari di atas titi
Terima kasih kepada tuan
Datang kemari menghiburkan hati

Sayang selasih jatuh berguguran
Jatuh bersepai antara jerami
Salam persahabatan saya hulurkan
Harap kita saling memahami