Thursday, July 24, 2008

Message For Tuanku Mizan

A write-up from a Blogger friend, Ms Tehsin Begum which I felt to the heart. Her link here

Thursday, July 24, 2008
MESSAGE FOR TUANKU MIZAN

Assalamualaikum,

Tuanku,

I have no idea what is the right way to address a King. I have never met a King in person. I have been courted by a prince (but that is a different story, a long time ago), but no, I have not had the chance to meet a King.

So I apologise if my message to you appears crude and unbefitting a King.

I just know that you are human like all of us, and that Rasullulah SAW was the King of men but he remained the humblest and most accessible of leaders. And he is our guide and example. The example for all mankind.

I do not know if you see what we Malaysians see, because you as with all our leaders, are totally detached from the real people by your immense wealth and man-made protocols. We, the rakyat, see a nation slowly and surely dying a slow, protracted, painful death. Our leaders, from all parties, BN, UMNO, Pakatan have lost their minds. And lost their focus.

They are either insanely bent on becoming the Prime Minister in an undemocratic way, or in the case of those democratically-elected (unfortunately) to rule the nation, driving us into the ground by their power struggles and back-stabbing actions and incompetent rule and unstudied decisions, plans and policies.

We the people are left to fend for ourselves. In my earlier post, I put up a piece by a Capt Aziz Abdullah, entitled, "I weep for Malaysia". He speaks for ALL of us in the most eloquent of manner.

WE ALL ARE WEEPING FOR MALAYSIA. I WEEP AS I WRITE THIS. AREN'T YOU WEEPING, MY KING? AS SOVEREIGN, ARE YOU NOT HUMILIATED THAT MALAYSIA HAS BECOME A LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WORLD AND KNOWN AS THE LAND OF SODOMY?

I wept this morning as I held my daughter tight and felt her tiny beating heart under my palm. I worry for her. I worry for our people. I took part in a Qi Gong exercise group this morning. We consisted of Chinese, Indians, Malays and me, a daughter of a Pakistani immigrant, whose grandfather fought for Malaysia, for your forefathers. I felt tears in my eyes, because this is what Malaysia is about. My dream is always for a Muslim nation and my dream is for all my non-Muslim friends to receive and embrace the message of Allah, which is for all mankind. If they do not accept it, it is my fault, the Muslims fault. Because I, WE, have failed in our da'wah, failed in spreading the message well and failed in setting a good example. They are still however, my fellow human beings, and I love and care for them and feel their pain and hunger too as they feel mine. We are all brothers and sisters, from one source. Adam and Eve. We all deserve justice and equality and a safe and secure nation to call our home.

Do you not see what is happening today? Our nation is struggling to survive, to breathe.

The economy is at a standstill. The world's chaos are piling up at our door, and soon that door will fly open from the increasing pressure and we will all be consumed. We are unprepared. Our country has been languishing for years, continuously raped and pillaged by the corrupt leaders who abuse all machinery, from the executive to the judiciary to the local councils, to satisfy their greed and lust for power and position and wealth. Their bottomless greed. And now, the time for reckoning has come.

As Allah said, all destruction is wrought by our own hands. How very true. And when destruction comes, He Says, none will be spared, even the innocent. Because those who had the power and capacity to speak out, DID NOT.

I looked into the horizon as I do every morning as I sent my baby to school earlier. And all I saw and see daily is a black pall of smog, worsening by the day, hanging over the city and the outskirts. It is like a sign, a sign of doom. Physical and spiritual destruction. A reflection of our psyche and hearts. Black, ugly, sinful. As the leaders play their games, the people suffer, trying to make ends meet. Trying to balance family needs and plain survival. The environment we live in suffers. Everything and everyone is neglected.

We have reached the end of our ropes.

YOU, TUANKU MIZAN, are the last line of defense for this nation. You are the KING. Whatever the restrictions of the constitution, believe this. The people will be behind you. The people need you to TELL THE LEADERS TO JUST STOP! STOP WITH THE GAMES, THE POWER STRUGGLE, THE ABUSE OF FUNDS, THE ABUSE OF THE POLICE, THE JUDICIARY AND ALL OTHER MACHINERY MEANT FOR THE PEOPLE'S CONVENIENCE AND WELL-BEING!

TELL THEM TO STOP! ORDER THEM TO STOP! AND LOOK! AND LISTEN! TO THE VOICE AND NEEDS OF THE PEOPLE!

COMMAND THEM TO START WORKING TOGETHER WITH THE PEOPLE AND COME UP WITH SOLUTIONS AND PLANS FOR OUR FUTURE. LET THE PEOPLE'S VOTES DECIDE WHO SHOULD GOVERN! NOT THE GAMES AND MANIPULATIONS OF THE POLITICIANS!

The Messenger of Allah SAW said, "Allah SWT will grasp the earth on the Day of Resurrection and will roll up the heavens in His Right, then He will say, "I am the King! Where are the kings of the earth?" [Al-Bukhari]

The trust put by Allah upon the Muslim leaders is so great that they should be quaking in their boots from fear of incurring His Wrath by committing injustices or allowing injustices to prevail on this earth.

Even you Tuanku Mizan, with all due respect, should be quaking in your expensive shoes.

And so, I beseech you,

COMMAND THEM TO STOP THE GAMES AND GET THEM TO START WORKING TOGETHER.

THE PEOPLE NEED YOU.

DO NOT BETRAY THEM WITH YOUR INACTION AND SILENCE.

THANK YOU.

No comments: